2019 Rep nominations are now open!!
The Queensland Premier League competition is a Netball Queensland competition and is an elite competition for association teams. It is known as the South East Queensland Cup.
This competition is open to players in 17 years, 19 years and Open age groups and is a representative competition in which teams from South East Queensland compete weekly, each Thursday or Friday night from April/May through to September. The games are held at the State Netball Centre at Mt Gravatt. These teams train one night per week either at the BNA courts or at a nearby indoor venue, with training beginning in March/April.
To be eligible to represent BNA in this competition, players are required to be registered members of the association, with a minimum of three games to be played in our 2019 Winter Day competition to qualify.
Players are eligible to play in the 17 years age group in the year in which they are turning 16 and the year in which they are turning 17.
PREMIER LEAGUE NOMINATION DETAILS
Please note that if you nominated to trial for TIP then you are automatically nominated and your fee to trial for Premier League was paid at the time you nominated for TIP. DO NOT RE-NOMINATE please.
Nominations Close: Saturday 9 February 2019
Nomination Fee: $15
Late Nomination Fee: $20.00 (after 9 February 2019)
PREMIER LEAGUE TRIAL DATES:
17 years (born 2002 and 2003) – Sunday 17 February @ 11am
19 years and Opens – Sunday 17 February @ 11am
Trials will be held at Mt Alvernia College Sports Centre, Somerset Road, Kedron. Each session will run for approximately 1-1 ½ hours.
Will be advised prior to trials.
- Attend Premier League trials on 17 February 2019.
- Attend a uniform fitting on Saturday 23 February 2019 and purchase all necessary uniform items (if new, then approximately $350. Some uniform items are available secondhand);
- Attend a Welcome Night on 28 February 2019 – 6.30pm Kedron State High School Hall.
- Pay fees associated with events (these will be set in January 2019);
- Attend training sessions as set by your coach – generally once or twice per week (commencing in March/April 2019);
- Attend carnivals as advised by your coach, including BNA Carnival on 24 March 2019;
- Travel to/from the State Netball Centre in Mt Gravatt to play fixtures every Thursday or Friday evening;
- Attend State Finals Series in September if your team qualifies for this series.
- Assist with the coaching of the NetSetGO program each Saturday morning from 8am – 10.30am for a five week block between 16 March 2019 to 15 June 2019. Players will be given a small honorarium for playing a part in the development of the future of our association.
Please ensure that you have read the below Player Agreement as by submitting this nomination you agree to adhere to this – Players Agreement Queensland Premier League 2019
All nomination forms MUST be completed by parent/carer for all players under the age of 18 years.
We are always looking for officials to support our Premier League teams. Each team requires a coach, manager, umpire, scorer and primary carer. Officials’ nominations opem in January for 2019 Premier League teams.
If you are interested in coaching a representative team, check out our coach development pathway, which shows how you can develop as a coach and become involved in representative coaching.
For further information, please email Rep Convenor, Alecia Connor at email@example.com.